Full and Part Time Licensed Massage Therapists
Tinley Park, IL
Massage Envy’s mission is to provide a pathway to wellness, well-being, and worth through professional, convenient, and affordable massage therapy and spa services. Each day, our network of regional developers, franchisees, therapists and employees, strive to live out this mission through the work they do.
Massage Envy is the world’s largest provider of professional therapeutic massage, with over 670 retail massage clinics across the United States. Over 17,000 licensed massage therapists serve our 1,000,000 members through our network of clinics and spas, now open in 43 states.
Licensed Massage Therapist
As a Licensed Massage Therapist you will have a positive impact in people’s life by giving quality massages and great customer service. In this role you will listen to clients and design a therapy plan to fit their needs.
• Greeting guests & members in a professional, friendly manner
• Obtaining client’s informed consent for the therapy plan prior to beginning therapy session.
• Performing 50 (up to 120 minute if capable) minute quality sessions within their scope of training and utilizing draping protocols
• Completing accurate and legible client intake notes
• Creating an excellent experience for guests & members through a present therapeutic touch and friendly attitude
• Promoting the health and wellness benefits of specific to each client and recommending frequency
• Safeguarding client information and confidentiality
• Executing professional boundaries and does not engage in dual relationships with clients
• Maintaining a professional clean appearance of self and clinic by wearing a clean and pressed uniform, following the table dressing as well as draping protocols and keeping the therapy room clean
• Communicating with front desk staff and management
• Renewing license as dictated by county/city/state regulation
• Actively seeking out continuing education to improve effectiveness
• Attending all scheduled shifts, being prompt to work and working entire shift
• Building a client base
• Promoting additional business through members (guest pass program)
• Understanding, believing and upholding our vision, values, and code of ethics
We are looking for a Licensed Massage Therapist with a passion for excellent customer service. In this role you need to be able to give 3 hours of massage therapy in a row. In this position you must have outstanding listening skills; it is essential that you listen to the client and tailor the session to the client’s needs. One of the keys to being successful in this position is product/service knowledge. All of our therapists go through Hot Stone and Choices Certification, including deep muscle therapy and aroma therapy.
• Must carry personal liability insurance
• Adhere to local and state licensing laws and regulations
• Pass background check
• Completed a minimum of 500 hours of education
• Desire to learn and advance skills
• Positive attitude
• Understand and believe in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork
• Customer service oriented
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients, clinic management, fellow therapists and sales staff
• Ability to work flexible days and hours, including nights and weekends
• Knowledge of various modalities, preferred
At Massage Envy we give our therapists the opportunity to do what they love and do best without having to worry about anything else. We pay for sheets, the table, room usage, lotions/gels/oils, and uniforms. We handle marketing and help you build and maintain your book of business. You don’t have do anything but show up and do great massage therapy! We also offer a competitive hourly pay plus commission.
• FREE and discounted massages and facials
• Education assistance - discounted and employer paid CEU opportunities available
• Health insurance - partially paid by employer
• Assistance with license renewal fees (based on company goals)
With us you are part of a national franchise organization that supports and advocates for the massage therapy industry. We are dedicated to promoting the healing benefits. We know you take good care of your clients - we pledge to take good care of you!
Application for LMT-IL-018653 - Full and Part Time Licensed Massage Therapists