Choosing a Massage School
Selecting the Right School for YOU
There are many massage therapy programs available
throughout the United States. Each school offers its own unique
courses and approach. Take time to research schools in your area
and make sure to visit each school and meet with an admissions
Below are points to consider when choosing a
- Does the school's curriculum meet state/local licensing
requirements for your desired area of practice?
- Is the school accredited and does it offer financial
- How long has the school been in operation?
- Does the school offer full-time or part-time
- Does the school program have diverse curriculum including
anatomy/physiology, pathology, massage modalities, professional
development and a clinical internship where students practice
massage on real clients in a managed setting?
- Does the massage program teach students the importance of body
mechanics, customer service, charting and intake processes, and
ethics and professional conduct standards?
- What are the instructors' work experiences, training, and
longevity with the school?
- Does the school have a proactive career services
department that focuses on supporting students and providing job
placement assistance after graduation?
Helpful resource for choosing a massage school near you: