Choosing an Esthetic School
Selecting the Right School for YOU
There are many skin care educational programs available
throughout the United States. Each school offers its own unique
courses and approach. Take time to research schools in your area
and make sure to visit each school and meet with an admissions
Below are points to consider when choosing an esthetics
- Does the school's curriculum meet state/local licensing
requirements for your desired area of practice?
- Is the school accredited and does it offer financial aid?
- How long has the school been in operation?
- Does the school offer full-time or part-time programs?
- Does the school program have diverse curriculum to meet your
needs, professional development and a clinical internship where
students practice skincare skills to get hands-on
practice on real clients in a managed setting?
- What are the instructors' work experiences, training, and
longevity with the school?
- Does the school have a proactive career services department
that focuses on supporting students and providing job placement
assistance after graduation?
Helpful resource for choosing an esthetics school near